Knock down and rebuild – what you need to know?
Whether you’re looking to knock down and rebuild a home or you have purchased a property to redevelop, evermore can bring your new dream home to life..
Currently, 80 per cent of our work involves knock down and rebuilds and we are specialists in managing the demolition, design and building process from start to finish, making it as simple and stress free as possible for our clients. Many of our clients undertake rebuilds when they want to upgrade and do not want to relocate from the area where they live. When you choose to build a stylish new home with evermore, you have the freedom to design the home to reflect your taste, lifestyle and budget.
Is a knock down/rebuild right for you?
Knock downs and rebuilds are also generally more cost effective than renovating a home. Renovations can unmask problems behind walls, slabs and even underneath the property that may result in higher costs.
However, it is always extremely important to do research prior to a knock down and rebuild to discover whether there are any implications which may impede the process. This is particularly relevant in suburbs located in Demolition Control Precincts (where homes built in or prior to the end of 1946 are protected).
When you are choosing whether to knock down rebuild or renovate, it is essential to weigh up the positives and negatives.
Positive features of a knock down and rebuild include :
+ Generally it is more cost effective to build new
+ You are able to choose the design you want to suit your taste and lifestyle
+ Opportunity to improve the use of land and maximise the long term value of the property
+ You do not need to accommodate the existing structures into your design
+ The design and construction process is quicker
factors which need to be taken into account and which may impede the process include :
+ Is the home located in a Demolition Control Precinct (DCP) or what is know known with the new Brisbane City Plan Traditional Building Character (TBC) and are you permitted to knock it down?
+ Is it located in a service location and what is the impact of cables, pipes etc, under ground services such as sewer
+ Are there any overlays that impact on site i.e: is it is an overland flow path
+ Will your site need a DA (Development Application)
+ If the house you are looking at demolishing is in a Traditional Building character Zone, what style of home can you rebuild
+ What if your house can not be demolished and you need to renovate, we can accommodate this requirement also.
What are some of the steps involved in a knock down and rebuild process?
1. Although the knock down and rebuild approach can save you money and give you exactly what you want, it can be a very detailed process and there is a sequence as to how the project unfolds.
2. Existing blocks in highly-sought after areas may be small lots, sloping lots or have other unique characteristics that require expert advice.
3. We are highly experienced at successful knock down and rebuild projects, particularly in Brisbane’s valuable inner ring suburbs and Demolition Control Precincts otherwise know as Traditional Building Character (TBC).
4. Our team can assist you prior to making a potential knock down/rebuild purchase decision to provide early guidance on what may be possible by discussing the applicable searches and reports available.
5. Once you’ve secured the site for your future dream home or development, we will swing into action with a clear plan and timeline for your project. We also take the time to carefully explain the process so you understand all the steps involved.
6. Our customers appreciate the value and lifestyle benefits of creating a distinctive and individually designed new home in keeping with the surrounding streetscape and community identity.
How can evermore bring my knock down and rebuild project to life?
+ evermore is a specialist in managing the entire process from demolition to design and construction.
+ We offer an initial consultation to help you assess the site and manage consultations with town planners, council officers and other relevant parties
+ We work with you on an overall budget for your project
+ We organise all required approvals
+ We source demolition quotes and manage the demolition company
By choosing evermore, you will be guaranteed peace of mind knowing that our specialist team is dedicated to creating and delivering a special home tailor-made for you.